With over 30+ years in the insurance brokerage industry, The CIP Group has a long standing commitment to providing top quality services to our clients, including fully integrated employee benefits, retirement plans, executive incentive programs, administrative services and HR solutions. Our in-depth knowledge, industry experience and personalized services enable our clients to attract, retain and motivate their employees through carefully designed and professionally administered group welfare benefit plans.
Our business is growing and we are seeking candidates for Account Manager roles to service current clients, promote additional services, and identify new client opportunities through referrals and networking.
Our Account Managers provide the following services:
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with our clients;
- Demonstrate Employee Benefit and Insurance industry knowledge as well as Microsoft Office knowledge. Benefit Portal experience and processing enrollment and terminations experience is a plus. Basic Math and Excel skills are preferred for working on payroll deductions and spreadsheets. Benefit documentation knowledge is also a plus;
- Make sure that the client receives all updated documentation each year such as benefit summaries, wrap documents, etc.;
- Our clients are mainly in the small group market, but we also have many in the mid-size to large group market.
- Develop effective strategies to meet the client’s benefit and budget goals;
- Use knowledge of employee benefit products, financial arrangements, underwriting guidelines, new laws that will be relevant to the insurance industry etc. to ensure client questions and concerns are addressed
- Provide consultative services and support to colleagues and clients;
- Be a good team player and be kind to colleagues;
- Identify opportunities for new lines of business as well as new potential prospects;
- Provide guidance to CIP support staff on preparation and send-out of RFP’s to carriers, renewal quotes, benefits and other value added services;
- Conducts periodic benefit renewal meetings with clients;
- Accurately predict, meet, or exceed goals for account retention and growth;
- Maintain and implement effective sales and service techniques with an emphasis on growing and maintaining accounts;
- Be up to speed with any new products in the industry to offer our clients to improve their employee benefits package;
- Prepare reports as well as communication materials and education materials for clients;
- Ensures that an account receives high quality services from all areas of CIP and their insurance carriers
- Bringing any ideas on streamlining processes and broker blasts of information;
- Oversee projects and check documents before it gets sent out to a client;
- Stay on the renewal process timeline in order to ensure everything gets done in a timely fashion;
- Sending out a census each year to make sure the census is up to date before quoting in the carrier online quoting systems;
- Handling enrollments and terminations with the insurance carriers;
- Respond to clients in a timely fashion;
- Experience with conference lines and setting meetings in them and in Outlook is required;
- Experience working in a data system is preferred as well since this is where all of our client information is stores;
- Be familiar with benefit technology such as benefit portals, payroll portals and insurance carrier platforms;
- Responsible for all aspects of managing an account including retention and service;
- Attention to detail is key and following up with carriers and clients is key when finalizing new business or renewals;
- Preparing client proposals and presentations each year with all up to date necessary renewal information;
- Conducts open enrollment benefit fairs and employee education meetings and webinars with employees and HR personnel;
- Train and mentor junior staff and other sales and service personnel.
- We are also a paperless workspace, so being able to do work on the computer with online note taking programs is preferred.
Qualifications include a Bachelor’s degree and/or directly related prior experience in health and welfare benefit plan analysis, implementation, cost containment, funding and servicing, and demonstrated ability to provide highest quality services. It is required that candidates applying for this position have their Health, Life and Accident Producer’s license. 3+ years of previous employee benefits account management or insurance industry experience is a preferred, but not required. Knowledge of employee benefits and HR services, benefit and payroll portals, insurance industry, marketplace trends, service delivery, and ACA compliance is of key importance. The Account Manager must have the ability to ensure trust, must possess a high sense of integrity and ethics, and be an effective communicator and team player. Travel to client sites is required, so only local applicants will be considered.