With over 35+ years in the insurance brokerage industry, The CIP Group provides a wide range of services to our clients, including fully integrated employee benefits, retirement plans, executive incentive programs, administration services and HR solutions. Our in-depth knowledge, industry experience and personalized service enable our clients to attract, retain and motivate their employees, their most important business asset, through carefully designed and professionally administered group welfare benefit plans. We maintain a staff of professionals each of whom takes great pride in developing the best set of tools and services for each client’s specific needs. Our growth and client retention is a testament to our focus on developing long-term relationships based on the highest ethical standards, trust and integrity.
We are looking for an energetic Business Development Associate to help drive our sales and grow the business. You will attract new clients and build solid relationships with them while maintaining existing relationships. Other duties will include market research, developing business strategies and pitches, managing a variety of projects, and identifying new business opportunities. You will work with various departments and report to the Head of Business Development.
The successful applicant will be resourceful, organized, and motivated to increase sales, enhance the company’s reputation, and look for new and creative ways to market our products. A background in sales or marketing is strongly desirable. The business development assistant’s key objectives are to increase lead generation and sales.
- Willing to familiarize yourself with the company’s vision and mission, seeking to accomplish set goals and objectives.
- Conducting market research and identifying potential clients.
- Cultivating strong relationships with new clients, while maintaining existing client relationships.
- Collating and maintaining client information in the CRM database.
- Working closely with staff across departments to implement growth strategies.
- Developing and implementing sales strategies, client service and retention plans, and analyzing sales data to inform or update marketing strategies.
- Assist with drafting business plans, sales pitches, presentations, reference material, and other documents as required.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and meet deadlines.
- Identify new business opportunities and partners.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage effectively with various levels of management, staff, and clients.
- Research, generate and track leads as requested
- Assist business development team including making cold calls
- Act as a point of contact in the office for all sales related calls
- Provide logistic assistance and attend events
- Participate in the production of proposals as needed and deliver proposals when required
- Develop project description and provide resume updates as necessary
- Work directly with Sales team on all sales
- Contribute to the team’s WIN strategy and overall marketing strategies including long-term growth goals
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Marketing, or related field.
- 1 – 2 years relevant work experience in business development or similar field preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and work under pressure.
- Strong organization and project management skills.
- Friendly and personable demeanor.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and relevant software.
- Life, Accident, and Health license must be obtained within 3 months of hire.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Team player
- Proactive, organized and ability to multi-task
- Detailed oriented
- Driven and self-starter
How to apply
Email resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org